February 1, 2010

Spring is coming early!

After last year, this year feels like we went straight from autumn to spring! The perennials in my flowerbeds are all sprouting and many of my bulbs are ready to bloom. Even my roses have leafed out--normally, they would just be starting to bud...in two weeks from now!

With a mild winter and and early spring coming, we've decided to have a pre-season sale. For all you gardeners looking for a reason to start working outside again, take advantage of 10% off all 2009 stock at Vander Giessen Nursery! This sale is for a limited time only, so stop in soon.

In my last posting (was that almost a month ago already?) I wrote about new projects for the new year. Well, we've been busy this last month, so I want to show you some of what's happened. Here is the progress we've made on our new greenhouse--



In another greenhouse, we've made great progress building a new growing and display bench. It's hard to get a good picture (so you'll have to check it out for yourself!) but here's what's changed so far--




Aside from construction, there are a lot of other changes coming to the nursery this year that will greatly benefit you! While I don't want to let you in on all the secrets at one time, here's one new thing to look forward to: a larger variety of hard goods, including several organic options for potting soil, fertilizer and pest control!

As we begin another new year of gardening, be sure to check back here regularly for updates on what's new at Vander Giessen Nursery. Trust me, you'll like the changes we're making!

No comments: